Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year


December has passed very quickly this year.  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. Mine was lovely, but the time went so quickly and I didn't even take any photos! Heaps of fabric came into the shop during the last two weeks and when Flirt arrived I just had to make this journal cover/sewing pocket for Leanne.



A huge Thank You to Leanne for all the work she has done for me this year.  For working whilst I had a holiday and all the quiltinq that she has done and even making great samples like the Fernhill quilt below.



Many Thanks to Kim as well, we miss you heaps!

A few people may remember that I started a BOM by Lisa Cantelay from Fig and Berry Creations last year. After making the centre block (below) work stalled but I am pleased to say that now I have made great progress and I have finished five blocks with work on the remaining four well underway.
These stitcheries were finished this weekend (sorry they are sideways) and the BOM should be ready to start in February.


We have been having great fun with our new mini charms. These 2 1/2"quares can be used in a variety of ways. The Marmalade range has been very popular, we have a cushion sample in store and I have been trying to see how many projects I can make from one pack. Below are three items made from one pack, with the fourth (a bag ) still to be finished. Watch out for more examples. Many of the designers have made free projects from them and they have bneen featured on their blogs



At this time of the year I seem to make grand plans to start and finish off many projects.  One I pulled out today may well get finished in the new year. Breast of Friends has been packed away in a big yellow box for quite some time!  I didn't like the original setting and had plans for another design. This hasn't happened and now I think a simplified design is on the cards. The stitcheries took quite a while to work and I think it would be a pity for them to stay in the box any longer. Keep watching for more progress.
Also starting in the New Year is Libby Richardson's new BOM "A little bit Country"

Have a Happy and Enjoyable New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lillian, love your new look for your blog. Happy New year to you and Terry, I look foreward to another great year of quilting and working in the shop, buying beautiful fabrics that you order and making beautiful samples.
    Thank you for your kind words, they mean alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Lillian :))
    Love the New Look Blog,Colourful and Bright :))
    The New BOM sounds like a lot of fun... Will have to have a go at it this year :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of lovely projects. Hope you get your breast of friends finished. Your blocks looks lovely and it does look great all together.

    ReplyDelete